Fireside Women in Engineering Initiative
Fireside is a committed partner of the United Nations on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As part of our implementation of SDG 5 on Gender Equality and SDG 10 on Reduced Inequalities, we are seeking to increase the number of women in our engineering team.
If you have a diploma in telecommunication, electrical, civil, mechanical or any engineering field, please apply. You must be willing to be versatile and dynamic enough to work in any field we operate in, once you get sufficient field experience.
We are looking for a person that:
- Possesses a Strong Analytical Aptitude: A great engineer has excellent analytical skills and is continually examining things and thinking of ways to help things work better.
- Shows Attention to Detail: The slightest error can cause an entire structure to fail, so every detail must be reviewed thoroughly during the course of completing a project.
- Has Excellent Communication Skills: A great engineer has great communication skills. They can translate complex technical lingo into plain English and also communicate verbally with clients and other engineers working together on a project.
- Takes Part in Continuing Education: Changes in technology happen rapidly, and the most successful engineers keep abreast of new research and ideas.
- Is Creative: You must be creative and can think of new and innovative ways to develop new systems and make existing things work more efficiently.
- Shows an Ability to Think Logically: You must be able to make sense of complex systems and understand how things work and how problems arise.
- Is Mathematically Inclined: Engineering is an intricate science that involves complex calculations of varying difficulty; you must interpret drawings as shown.
- Has Good Problem Solving Skills: At Fireside, we are frequently called upon solely to address problems, and we must be able to figure out where the problem stems from and quickly develop a solution.
- Is a Team Player: You must understand that you are part of a larger team working together to make one project come together successfully, and therefore, must work well as part of that team.
- Has Excellent Technical Knowledge: You must seek knowledge, be willing to be challenged and challenge your colleagues too.